"If COP26 participants were really serious about solving the climate crisis, they should have made, at a minimum, the following pledges:
- Eliminate all fossil fuel subsidies, which according to a recent IMF study amounts to $5.9 trillion in 2020;
- Ban banks from funding new fossil fuel projects;
- Make ecocide an international crime similar to genocide, crimes against humanity, and war crimes;
- Demand the cancellation of debt for lower income countries, which now spend several times more on servicing debt than dealing with the challenges of global warming;
- Create large-scale funding sources to assist with the transition to a green economy."